AdWords is Google’s search engine advertising platform and the reason why Google is a massive global brand.
Google AdWords is powerful. It lets you, for example, create an ad for a person using a smartphone that is shown to the person only if:
- The person is in Johannesburg, South Africa
- The person is using a mobile device
- The person is reading an article about real estate
- The person is in the business section of a news site
- The time is between 6am and 8am
Never before have we been able to target audiences using such stringent criteria.
To understand Google AdWords, you should understand how the Display Network works and how search engines work. You should have a basic understanding of ad copy and landing pages. Through the next series of blog posts, I explore the following with you:
- Optimise ad copy
- Creating landing pages that convert
- How to set up and organize a Google AdWords account
- How to set bids for Google AdWords
- How to improve the Quality Score
- Why keywords are important
- How to do time-of-day targeting
- Getting useful info from Google’s tools
- How to use image, video and mobile ads
- Understanding the Display Network
- Advanced Geographic targeting
- Integrate your account with Google Analytics
- Set up tests that will increase profitability of your campaigns
Are you ready to dive in? Stay tuned for more blog posts in this series.